Exotic, intriguing, and vibrant with colour, few places offer such astounding cultural and culinary experiences as India. Uniworld’s India’s Golden Triangle & the Sacred Ganges land & cruise itinerary highlights wondrous sights along the subcontinent’s holiest river, as well as the Taj Mahal and other sites in Delhi, Agra, and Jaipur—the Golden Triangle.
We’re pleased to announce that we are now offering guests booked on this 13-day itinerary a chance to participate in an optional ME to WE pre-cruise extension that combines volunteering with sightseeing.
This immersive volunteer experience allows you to be a part of something larger than yourself, working side by side with local residents on a development project that will benefit the community for years to come. This 5-day extension is a wonderful opportunity to “give back,” to see the world from a fresh perspective and to delve even deeper into India’s vibrant and fascinating culture.
For complete details visit www.metowe.com.
Join us for an unforgettable adventure in India!
A journey through the “cradle of civilization”
This life-enriching combination journey starts with a 5-day pre-cruise extension in the Indian state of Rajasthan, where you will join the ME to WE team for an unforgettable immersive volunteer experience.
The adventure continues on a 13-day itinerary showcasing wondrous sights along the country’s most venerated river, as well as must-see destinations in the “Golden Triangle,” one of the most culturally-rich areas of the Indian subcontinent.
- Day 1
- Arrive in Delhi and spend the night at the Oberoi Gurgaon
- Day 2-4
- Fly to Udaipur and join the ME to WE pre-cruise program
- Day 5
- Return to Delhi and transfer to the Oberoi New Delhi, begin Uniworld land & cruise itinerary
- Day 6-16
- Journey from New Delhi to Kolkata with Uniworld
- Day 17
- Transfer to airport for return flight home
In addition to the optional ME to WE pre-cruise extension, guests on this itinerary can also book an optional post-cruise extension in Varanasi, revered as the holiest spot on India’s holiest river and one of the world’s oldest continuously inhabited cities.
Be a part of something larger than yourself
Adding ME to WE’s pre-cruise extension to your Uniworld land & cruise itinerary takes your experience in India one step further. Gain a deeper understanding and appreciation of India as you immerse yourself in a culture rich in history and tradition, and participate on a sustainable development project alongside local families.
Build. Connect. Recharge. Explore.
- Work with a local community on a long-term development project
- Connect with community members by experiencing their daily lives
- Explore nature as you walk through the Aravalli Mountain Range
- Experience India’s age-old traditions, led by your local guide
Your ME to WE pre-extension includes:
- One overnight at the Oberoi Gurgaon with breakfast
- Delhi to Udaipur return flight
- 3 nights and 4 days at Araveli Cottages and Tented Camp, which offers well-appointed private cottages and luxury tents
- All ground transportation throughout the ME to WE program
- All meals and drinks at Araveli Cottages and Tented Camp (beer and wine included)
- All activities as outlined in the itinerary, including sightseeing, daily yoga and more
- ME to WE professional facilitators
- All taxes
- Transfer from Delhi airport to the Oberoi New Delhi hotel and resort on Day 1 of the Uniworld land & cruise itinerary
Uniworld land & cruise highlights
India's Golden Triangle & the Sacred Ganges
New Delhi to Kolkata / 13 Days
With its color-saturated bazaars and chic boutiques, silent temples and clamorous city streets, genteel colonial mansions and sleek modern buildings, few other places offer such astounding variety as India. You’ll spend five nights in resplendent Oberoi hotels and seven nights onboard the beautiful Ganges Voyager II, experiencing numerous cultural highlights along the way.
The world’s most sublime monument to love, this white marble tomb is almost unspeakably beautiful, especially when viewed at sunrise and sunset.
The regal and romantic Pink City of Jaipur is the gateway to Rajasthan. City Palace—the residence of Jaipur’s former royal family—is one of the city’s most magnificent sites.
Often referred to as “Temple City,” Kalna’s Rajbari complex has the region’s densest concentration of temples, including 108 carved structures devoted to the Hindu god Shiva.
Temple of the Vedic Planetarium
Once completed, this enormous temple in Mayapur will be twice the size of St. Peter’s Basilica, large enough to hold 10,000 people.
Kolkata has some of India’s finest examples of British colonial-era architecture, such as the stark white edifice of Victoria Memorial Hall and the massive red brick Writers' Building.
Ganges Voyager II
Cruise onboard the all-suite, 56-passenger Ganges Voyager II, the most luxurious river cruise ship operating on the Ganges River.
Spend the five-night land portion of this itinerary in luxurious accommodations at the award-winning Oberoi Hotels and Resorts Collection, with properties in New Delhi, Agra and Jaipur.