Uniworld & ME To WE | India Extension
Surround yourself with the sights and scents of a culture rich in history, traditions and beauty. Travel from the hustle and bustle of city life in urban Udaipur to the calm and serene rolling hills of rural Rajasthan.
Included in your 5-day stay:
- Work with a local community on a development project
- Connect with community members by experiencing their daily lives
- Explore nature as you walk through the Aravalli Mountain Range
- Experience India’s age old traditions, led by your local guide
Note: Prices, availability, and information are subject to change.
A swirl of color and ritual and oddities galore, Varanasi may very well be the most ethereal and exotic place you will ever visit. Considered the holiest spot on India’s holiest river, it is also one of the world’s oldest cities—as ancient as Babylon and Thebes. It is the goal of every devout Hindu to come here at least once to purify body and soul in the sacred waters of the Ganges. Your visit includes a fascinating tour of this otherworldly and intoxicating city, followed by a private boat ride to observe a Ganga Aarti ceremony. Led by a Hindu priest at sunset, this spellbinding devotional ritual is performed in honor of the goddess of the river, a spectacle you’ll remember the rest of your days. You will also have an opportunity to take a boat ride along the river at sunrise, when hundreds of sari- and dhoti-clad Hindus can be observed bathing, washing laundry, performing yoga asanas, and making respectful offerings to Mother Ganga along the broad stone ghats lining the Ganges. Magical and mystical, surreal and deeply spiritual, Varanasi is a city that is truly unlike any other.
Included in your 3-day stay:
• 1 night at the Trident Hotel, Gurgaon (or similar)
• 2 buffet breakfasts, 1 lunch, 1 dinner
• Complimentary house wine or local beer during dinner
• All service charges, taxes and porterage
• Panoramic city tour of Varanasi
• Private boat ride to witness a Ganga Aarti ceremony at sunset
• Private sunrise boat ride along the Ganges
• English-speaking local expert
• Intra-India flights from Kolkata to Varanasi and from Varanasi to New Delhi
• Private arrival and departure transfers
$1,379 per person (for 2 guests)
For solo travelers, there is a single supplement of $409.
Note: This extension is for cruise/tours that end in Kolkata.