• S.S. Maria Theresa • River Royale • River Ambassador • S.S. Catherine • River Countess • River Baroness • S.S. Antoinette • River Duchess • Queen Isabel • River Beatrice • River Empress • River Queen • River Princess
2. Complimentary red and white house wine, draught beer, and soft drinks will be included at dinner while onboard the River Victoria. Soft drinks will be complimentary during lunches onboard the River Victoria.
Reservations and Payments: Your Cruise reservation will be confirmed on receipt of a non-refundable deposit of A$500 per person, per cruise which must be within 7 DAYS of booking or the reservation will automatically be cancelled. Payment in full is required at time of booking for reservations made less than 90 days prior to departure. Uniworld reserves the right to cancel the reservation and impose cancellation charges should payments not be received within above specified times. Your Travel Agent shall, on the receipt of any monies, hold such monies for each and every person named in the booking until the booking is confirmed at which times those monies shall be remitted promptly by your Travel Agent to us. All such monies received by us will be deposited as required by law. We will be entitled to keep for each account any interest earned on such monies. It is a condition of our confirmation of your booking and acceptance of your deposit in respect of your cruise, that all monies paid by you to us through your Travel Agent, whether by way of deposit or otherwise in respect of your cruise, may be disbursed by us as and when we see fit or in respect of the services to be provided or fees payable under the cruise program, and the payment of a deposit or otherwise for your cruise, shall be deemed to be a direction to disburse such monies as aforesaid.
Cancellation Policy: We hope nothing will come between you and your Uniworld vacation. Should you need to cancel your booking or any portion of it, your cancellation must be received in writing. It will be effective on the date of receipt. Cancellation charges, per person and based upon the date of cancellation, are as shown in the following box:
Cancellation Notice Received Before Tour Start Date Cancellation Charges Per Person
90 days or more A$500 nonrefundable deposit
89 – 60 days 35% of the fare**
59 – 30 days 50% of the fare**
Less than 30 days 100% of the fare**
No Show 100% of the fare**
**Fare is defined as the cost of any cruise, land, or air element purchased from Uniworld. Port charges are fully refundable if they have been paid prior to cancelling your trip. These cancellation fees are in addition to any cancellation fees that might be levied by your travel agent. There is no refund for unused services or for unused portions of the trip. Gold Seal
Protection premium is nonrefundable once paid to Uniworld.
Illness or Absenteeism: In the event of your withdrawal from a cruise after commencement for reasons of illness, you must obtain a medical certificate in support of any insurance claim.
We regret that no refunds can be made for absences from a cruise, including but not limited to missed meals or sightseeing. Uniworld makes no representation or guarantee concerning
reimbursements of funds paid by you under any insurance claim.
Airlines & Airfares: Airfares are subject to change or withdrawal at any time (without notice), and Airlines reserve the right to change the payment due date at any point prior to ticketing. Changes to flight itineraries and name changes may result in penalties charged by the Airline concerned and passed on to the passenger.
Cruise-Tour Revision Fee: A fee of A$35 per person, per transaction, will be charged for any passenger name change; cruise date change (within the same calendar year only) or
itinerary change made to a reservation after the booking is confirmed unless the change increases the value of the booking A passenger name change, cruise date change or itinerary change within ninety (90) days of departure will be treated as a cancellation subject to our cancellation policy, and a new reservation must be made Cancellation fees (as shown above) will apply. Any revision to a booking may result in the loss of a confirmed airline reservation, change fees and increased airfare in addition to any charges levied by the airlines, which will be payable by the Passenger.
Air Revision Fee: A fee of A$35 per person will be charged for any revision or alternation made to an airfare after confirmation, in addition to any charges levied by the airline, which may be up to 100% of the air ticket value.
Travel Documents: Uniworld will send you a document packet 40 days prior to your departure from Australia provided that Uniworld receives your completed Passenger Information Form and your booking is paid in full. If you are leaving home earlier please ask your Travel Agent to request your travel documents in good time. A Documentation re-issue is subject to a documentation reissue fee of A$10 per person. The fee will apply in addition to any other applicable Uniworld/and or Airline cancellation/ amendment fees.
Passport/Visa: A valid passport is required to travel on all Uniworld programs. Passports must be valid for at least six (6) months after the scheduled return date of the trip. You should check with your travel agent or the Australian Consulate Service for information regarding necessary documentation. Australian citizens require a single entry visa for travel to the Russian Federation. A single entry visa is also required for travel to Turkey. Any visa(s) or other documentation required for a particular itinerary is the sole responsibility of the guest. Obtaining and carrying these documents is your sole responsibility. Uniworld will not be responsible for advising and/or obtaining required travel documentation for any passenger, or for any delays, damages and/or losses, including missed portions of your trip,
related to improper travel documentation. Entry to another country may be refused even if the required information and travel documents are complete. Due to government imposed security/immigration measures, passport information and emergency contact information are required for all passengers prior to release of documentation.
Baggage Fees, Baggage and Personal Belongings: Uniworld allows one (1) suitcase, one (1) carry-on bag, and one (1) personal bag (handbag, computer case, etc.) per person onboard our ships and motorcoaches. Airlines may have additional baggage restrictions and may impose additional fees for checked baggage and/or excess baggage (visit uniworld.com/baggage). Additional taxes and surcharges may be collected by foreign government and nongovernment entities. Keep an eye on your baggage–it is your responsibility throughout the trip. Uniworld is not responsible for loss, theft, or damage to baggage and/or personal belongings.
Making Your Own Flight Arrangements: Should you elect to make your own flight arrangements, Uniworld will provide complimentary scheduled group transfers to/from the ship/ hotel as long as your flights arrive/depart in the cruise/tour starting/ending cities in accordance with the dates shown in these itinerarties and your flight arrangements comply with the Transfer Guidelines. If your flight arrangements arrive/depart outside of these parameters, you must make your own transfer arrangements. Uniworld will not be responsible for late arrivals or missed transfers due to delayed or cancelled flights, for missed cruise/trip days, or for extra costs resulting from the foregoing. To qualify for transfers, it is required that flight information and pre-trip arrangements for all passengers making their own flight arrangements be given to Uniworld no later than forty-five (45) days prior to departure and conform to the Transfer Guidelines.
Flights must arrive/depart within the following time limits:
Europe* 5 am – 5 pm 6 am – 6 pm
Russia** 6 am – 8 pm 5 am – 6 pm
Turkey*** 24 hours 24 hours
Extensions 24 hours 24 hours
*Arrival guidelines for the programs listed below are 5 am – 1:30 pm
• Castles along the Rhine (Amsterdam to Basel) • European Jewels (Amsterdam to Budapest)
Arrival guidelines for the programs listed below are 5 am – 2:30 pm
• Burgundy and Provence (Lyon to Avignon) • Parisian Winter Holiday (Paris to Paris)
• Paris & Normandy (Paris to Paris) • Rhine Discovery (Basel to Nuremberg)
• Grand France (Paris to Avignon) • Grand European Discovery (Basel to Vienna)
Arrival guidelines for the programs listed below are 5 am – 3:30 pm
• Burgundy & Provence (Avignon to Lyon)
Please note: Transfers in Paris are provided from CDG only.
** In Moscow, transfers can be provided from either SVO, DME, or VKO.
*** In Turkey, transfers only provided to/from Istanbul (IST).
General Information and Conditions
Advanced, Cancelled or Delayed Sailing/Land Tour:
Uniworld reserves the right to cancel, advance or postpone any scheduled tour and/or sailing date and may, but is not obligated to, substitute hotels or vessels. Uniworld shall not be liable for any loss to you by reason of any such cancellation, advancement or postponement. In the event of cancellation by Uniworld, your sole right of recourse shall be to obtain a refund of monies paid to Uniworld in connection with such cruise/tour.
Cruise Participation: Uniworld trips are exciting, relatively active holidays. While there will be plenty of time to relax, there will also be much to see and do. Your included excursions may require an extensive amount of walking over cobblestone streets, uneven pavement and sometimes steps. Passengers are required to advise Uniworld, in advance, of any physical, medical, or other special needs that require accommodation. All guests must ensure they are medically and physically fit for travel. Uniworld may impose safety requirements necessary for the safe operation of the cruise/tour and may also exclude an individual from participating in a tour or an activity if that individual’s participation poses a direct threat to health or safety. If you are disabled, a companion who will be responsible for providing any required assistance must accompany you, as Uniworld is unable to provide any individual assistance. Uniworld has sole discretion to decline the booking of any passenger whose condition may affect their own health, safety and enjoyment of that of other passengers. Additionally, Uniworld reserves its right to require a current passenger to end their trip for the aforesaid reasons. Uniworld do not recommend their trips for children under 8 years of age.
Itinerary Variations: The very nature of a river, its sources, and networks of bridges and locks, means that there will be times when weather or other conditions in a region require Uniworld make adjustments and/or modifications to an itinerary. Although every effort will be made to keep itineraries and hotels as shown in the brochure Uniworld reserves the right to substitute itineraries, hotels or vessels. Any changes to itineraries will not result in eligibility for a refund. Itineraries are subject to change without notice and may need to be altered specifically because of water levels, wind, local national holidays or other conditions.
Medical Issues: Uniworld does not employ staff doctors or nurses. Should you need medical attention, it will be at local facilities, at your expense. Uniworld is not responsible for any costs incurred as a result of medical services, or for the quality of medical care or medical services you receive.
Young Travellers: Guests who are less than 18 years of age must be accompanied by an adult who is 21 years of age or older. While we will accept children 4 years of age and older as Guests, it is our long- term experience that most young children do not enjoy or appreciate the river cruise experience. There are no special arrangements, activities, medical facilities or accommodations (unless otherwise noted) for children on Uniworld cruise/tour programs. Adults accompanying children are responsible for their behaviour onboard and ashore.
Smoking: For your comfort smoking is only permitted on the sun decks of our river cruise ships. Smoking is not permitted on motorcoaches.
Extensions/Land Tours: Uniworld reserves the right to reschedule and/or cancel land extensions or land tours if the minimum number of participants (20 people) is not reached or for safety reasons. If you cancel a pre- or post-extension eighty nine (89) days or less before departure, penalties as shown on the cancellation scale will apply to the price of the extension. Limited availability applies, book early to avoid disappointment.
Diets: Please advise the Uniworld reservation agent of specific dietary considerations and we will do our best to accommodate your request. Please also indicate your needs when you complete the Passenger Information Form at uniworld.com.
Pets are not permitted on Uniworld trips.
Your Cruise Ticket Contract
Transportation aboard the ship is provided solely by the ship owners and charterers pursuant to the terms and conditions of the cruise ticket contract that you will receive prior to embarkation. A copy of the form of the cruise ticket contract terms and conditions will be provided upon request. Please note that the cruise ticket contract includes a clause specifying the courts of Basel Switzerland as the exclusive forum for resolving disputes. The cruise ticket contract is governed by the law of Switzerland and is subject to limitations of liability and time limits for making claims under the Athens Convention Relating to the Carriage of Passengers and their Luggage by Sea, 1974 (“Athens Convention”) and the International Convention on Limitation of Liability for Maritime Claims, 1976 (“1976 Convention”).
Uniworld Cruises are operated on ships owned or operated by Uniworld, referred to as ‘the operators’. Uniworld River Cruises SA, referred to as the Operators, are the agents for Uniworld River Cruises (Australia) Ltd., who have empowered the Operators on its behalf to undertake the following duties:
1. The Operators shall be responsible to the passenger for supplying the services and accommodations described in these programs, except where such services cannot be supplied or the itinerary used is changed due to delays or other causes of whatever kind or nature beyond the control of the Operators. In such circumstances, the Operators will do their best to supply comparable services, accommodations and itineraries and there shall be no refund in this connection.
2. This brochure represents the entire agreement between the passenger and the above mentioned Operators.
3. In the absence of their own negligence, neither the Operators nor their agents or cooperating organizations shall be responsible for any cancellations or for acts of any other service providers concerned, diversions or substitution of equipment of any act, variations, postponements, omission or default whatsoever by air carriers, land carriers, hoteliers or hotels, transportation companies, or any other persons providing any of the services and accommodations to passengers including any results thereof, such as changes in services, accommodations or facilities necessitated by same. Nor shall they be liable for any loss or damage to baggage or property, or for injury, illness or death, or for any damages or claims whatsoever arising from loss, negligence or delay from the act, error, omission default or negligence of any person not their direct employee or under their exclusive control, including any act, error, omission, default, or negligence of any country, government or governmental authority, officer or employee. All baggage and personal effects are at all times and in all circumstances at the risk of the passenger. Baggage insurance is recommended. The carriers, hotels and other suppliers who provide services on tour are independent contractors; they are not agents, employees or servants of the Operators or their associated companies. The Operators are not responsible for any criminal conduct by third parties.
4. Where the passenger occupies a motorcoach seat fitted with a safety belt, neither the Operators nor their agents or cooperating organizations or service providers concerned will be liable for any injury, illness or death or for any loss or damages or claims whatsoever arising from any accident or incident, if the safety belt is not being worn at the time of such accident or incident.
5. Transportation companies, airlines etc. are not to be held responsible for any act, omission or event during the time passengers are not on board planes, transportation or conveyances. The passenger contracts in use by the airlines or transportation companies when used shall constitute the sole contract between the airline, transportation company and passenger or purchaser of this tour and the Operators assume no responsibility in this connection. Enrolment in and payment for a tour shall constitute agreement and acceptance by the passenger of the terms and conditions set forth in this brochure which cannot be varied except in writing by an officer of the Company.
6. Uniworld River Cruises (Australia) Pty. Ltd., is only responsible for the services of reservations and ticketing. It does not accept any responsibility or liability for any of the acts, omissions or defaults, whether negligent or otherwise, of the operators. All matters arising in relation to the services provided by Uniworld River Cruises (Australia) Ltd., but not in respect of other things, are subject to the law of the State of New South Wales.
7. Every effort is made to ensure brochure and website accuracy at the time of going live; however Uniworld cannot be held responsible for printing or typographical errors, or errors arising from unforeseen circumstances. We reserve the right to make corrections as required.
8. All bookings made with any provider of any transport, facilities, meals, other goods or of any services are subject to terms and conditions imposed by them. If you decide that you do not want to visit a country or part of a country you intended to visit because of any law, condition or requirement of any government or governmental authority, official, servant or agent, you are responsible for any costs, expenses, charges, fees, losses or damage incurred as a consequence and any cancellation or amendment fees. Neither Uniworld nor Uniworld River Cruises (Australia) Ltd., accept any responsibility or liability for your acts, omissions, defaults, conduct, state of health, condition or circumstances.
It is your responsibility to comply with the terms, conditions or requirements of any service provider, or any country or governmental authorities, or to bear any costs or losses incurred as a consequence of you not complying with them.
Your booking arrangements are to be made by your Travel Agent and the person affecting the booking shall be deemed to have accepted the booking conditions.
Data Protect ion Statement
In order to process your tour booking, Uniworld River Cruises (Australia) Ltd., will need to use personal information for you and other passengers included in your booking. This personal information may include each passenger’s name, address, phone number, email address, passport number, credit/debit card number and sensitive information such as health, medical, dietary, mobility, religious or other special requirements. This personal information may be passed on to other suppliers of your travel arrangements in addition to public authorities (such as customs and immigration), security and credit checking organizations, and otherwise as required by law. Similarly, we may also need to provide personal information to contractors who provide services to or for us (e.g., sending mail, processing payments, providing marketing assistance). This may involve sending personal information (including sensitive information) to other countries that may not afford the same level of protection of personal information. We may also use the personal information you provide us to review and improve the cruises and services that we offer, and to contact you (by post, email and/or telephone) about other cruises/tours and services offered by us, that you may be interested in. If you don’t want to receive this information, or if you want a copy of the personal information we hold about you, write to us at
Uniworld River Cruises, Travel House,
35 Grafton Street, Bondi Junction, NSW 2022.
We may charge a fee for supplying you with this information as permitted by law.
Please note: In this brochure and website and in these Booking Conditions, Uniworld River Cruises (Australia) Ltd., (ACN 149 428 348) is included in the expressions “Uniworld River Cruises (Aust),” “we,” “us” and “persons” taking advantage of the services offered by Uniworld River Cruises (Australia) Ltd., or other persons (if any) included with that person in the booking and that person’s or those persons’ travel agent (if any) are included in the expression “you,” “your” or “passenger.”
Uniworld River Cruises (Australia) Pty. Ltd.
(ABN 31 149 428 348)
Travel House,35 Grafton Street,
Bondi Junction, N.S.W. 2022
SYD Metro area (02) 9028 5199
All other areas 1300 780 231
Fax: (02) 9028 0899
Licence No: 2 TA 08711
All Continental Europe cruises are operated by
Uniworld River Cruises SA
9b Boulevard Du Prince Henri,