We at Uniworld want to do everything we can to make sure your trip is enjoyable and worry-free. As part of that commitment, we are including the following information about your trip. Please read these pages carefully, as payment of a deposit represents an acceptance of the Uniworld Booking Conditions.
Your cruise/journey reservation will be confirmed on receipt of a non-refundable deposit of A$500 per person, per cruise/journey which must be within seven (7) days of booking or the reservation will automatically be cancelled:
|RESERVATIONS AND PAYMENT:|
|A$500 per person per cruise||At least 90 days prior to departure from Australia|
Uniworld reserves the right to cancel the reservation and impose cancellation charges should payments not be received within the above specified periods.
Your Agent shall, on the receipt of any monies, hold such monies for each and every person named in the booking until the booking is confirmed at which times those monies shall be remitted promptly by your Agent to us. All such monies received by us will be deposited as required by law. We will be entitled to keep for each account any interest earned on such monies. It is a condition of our confirmation of your booking and acceptance of your deposit in respect of your cruise, that all monies paid by you to us through your Agent, whether by way of deposit or otherwise in respect of your cruise, may be disbursed by us as and when we see fit or in respect of the services to be provided or fees payable under the cruise program, and the payment of a deposit or otherwise for your cruise, shall be deemed to be a direction to disburse such monies as aforesaid.
Any special meal requirements will be made on a REQUEST basis only. Uniworld cannot GUARANTEE special meal requests nor will it assume any responsibility or liability if passengers’ special meal requests are not fulfilled.
What’s Not Included in the Cruise Price: Airfares to and from your destination except where specified; airport/departure taxes; cost of passport and visas; taxes; excess baggage charges; laundry; phone calls; all items of a personal nature; items not included on regular menus; expenses for additional sightseeing not specified in the itinerary; wine or liquor, unless indicated (please refer to Complimentary Beverage Program), meals not detailed in the itinerary; gratuities; and health, accident, baggage, or Gold Seal Protection plan.
Complimentary Beverage Program:
• India: Complimentary local beers and spirits (excludes premium spirits), soft drinks, tea and coffee will be served throughout the cruise in the lounge only.
Onboard/onshore dinners include complimentary red and white house wine, local beers, and soft drinks.
• China: Complimentary red and white house wine, local beers, and soft drinks will be included at dinner while onboard the Century Legend and the Century Paragon. Soft drinks and tea are included for lunch and dinner onboard the ships.
• Vietnam & Cambodia: Complimentary red and white house wine, local spirits (excludes premium spirits), and soft drinks will be included throughout the cruise while onboard the River Orchid. Onshore dinners include complimentary red and white house wine, local beers, and soft drinks.
Transfers: Transfers to/from airports will be provided only for flights arriving/departing on the start/finish day of the cruise (and for extensions/extra nights). There may be a waiting period of up to 2 hours or more unless private car transfers have been purchased. The time limits as shown in the Transfer Guidelines box to the right apply.
Passengers flight details must be given to Uniworld forty-five (45) days prior to departure. If your flight arrangements arrive/depart outside of the above you may purchase a private car transfer from Uniworld or make your own transfer arrangements. Private transfers are only available on the cruise/journey start/end dates. Uniworld will not be responsible for late arrivals or missed transfers due to delayed or cancelled flights, for missed cruise/trip days or for extra costs resulting from the foregoing. PLEASE NOTE: Your flight details must be provided to us so that we can book your transfers.
Flights must arrive/depart within the following time limits:
|China||24 hours||24 hours|
|Hong Kong||24 hours||24 hours|
|Vietnam||24 hours||24 hours|
|Laos||24 hours||24 hours|
|Thailand||24 hours||24 hours|
|India||24 hours||24 hours|
|Extensions||24 hours||24 hours|
|Extra Nights||24 hours||24 hours|
Porterage/Baggage: Uniworld allows one (1) suitcase, one (1) carry-on bag, and one (1) personal bag (handbag, computer case, etc.) per person onboard our ships and motorcoaches. Airlines may have baggage restrictions; please check with your air carrier before your flight. Keep an eye on your baggage—it is your responsibility throughout the trip. Uniworld is not responsible for loss, theft, or damage to baggage and/or personal belongings.
Gratuities: It is our goal to ensure that the service you receive is as wonderful as the sights you see. Gratuities for the Tour Manager, Cruise Manager and Crew, are not included in the price of your trip. The amount of the gratuity is entirely subject to your satisfaction with your travel experience. Gratuities for the local land experts and drivers during excursions are included.
Uniworld will send you a document packet approximately forty (40) days prior to departure from Australia, provided that Uniworld receives your completed Passenger Information Form and your booking is paid in full. If you are leaving home earlier, please ask your Travel Agent to request your travel documents in good time.
A documentation re-issue is subject to a documentation re-issue fee of $10 per person. The fee will apply in addition to any other applicable Uniworld/and or Airline cancellation/amendment fees.
Booking Changes: A fee of A$35 per person, per transaction, will be charged for any passenger name change; cruise date change (within the same calendar year only) or itinerary change made to a reservation after the booking is confirmed unless the change increases the value of the booking. A passenger name change, cruise date change or itinerary change within ninety (90) days of departure will be treated as a cancellation subject to our cancellation policy, and a new reservation must be made. Cancellation fees (as shown below) will apply. Any revision to a booking may result in the loss of a confirmed airline reservation, change fees and increased airfare in addition to any charges levied by the airlines, which will be payable by the Passenger.
Cancellation and Cancellation Fees:
• Your A$500 deposit is non-refundable and cannot be used as a credit towards a future cruise.
• Notice of your cancellation must be received in writing by Uniworld. Any change or substitution of a passenger will be deemed a cancellation of the reservation and the applicable cancellation charges will be applied.
• We hope nothing will come between you and your Uniworld holiday. Should you need to cancel your booking or any portion of it, your cancellation must be received in writing. It will be effective on the date of receipt. Cancellation charges, per person and based upon the date of cancellation, are as shown in the following box:
|Cancellation Notice Received Before Tour Start Date||Cancellation Charges Per Person|
|90 days or more||A$500 nonrefundable deposit|
|89 – 60 days||35% of the fare**|
|59 – 30 days||50% of the fare**|
|Less than 30 days||100% of the fare**|
|No Show||100% of the fare**|
|**Fare is defined as the cost of any cruise, land or air element purchased from Uniworld. Port charges are fully refundable if they have been paid prior to cancelling your trip.|
• These cancellation fees are in addition to any cancellation fees or charges that may be levied by your Travel Agent. There is no refund for unused services or for unused portions of the trip.
Illness or Absenteeism: In the event of your withdrawal from a cruise/journey after commencement for reasons of illness, you must obtain a medical certificate in support of any insurance claim. We regret that no refunds can be made for absences from a cruise, including but not limited to missed meals or sightseeing. Uniworld make no representation or guarantees concerning reimbursements of funds paid by you under any insurance claim.
Passport/Visa: A valid passport is required to travel on all Uniworld programs. Passports must be valid for at least six (6) months after the scheduled return date of the trip. You should check with your travel agent or the Australian Consulate Service for information regarding necessary documentation. Non-Australian citizens must contact the appropriate consular office for entry requirements pertaining to your trip.
A single entry visa is required for entry to India.
For entry to China, a single-entry visa is required for all passport holders.
For entry to Tibet, a visa is not necessary, but an entry permit is required for all passport holders. Uniworld will provide a Tibet Entry Permit while on the tour for all guests. In order for us to properly arrange for your Tibet Entry Permit in advance, please email a copy of the photo page of your passport as well as a copy of your China visa to email@example.com no later than forty-five (45) days prior to departure. Please include your name and Uniworld booking number in your email.
A multiple entry visa is required for entry to Vietnam.
For entry to Cambodia, our Tour Manager will take care of obtaining Cambodian visas for each Guest while on the tour. Each Guest will need to provide the Tour Manager with their passport and $50 USD cash per person while on the tour for this purpose. The Tour Manager will then submit all passports to the Cambodian Immigration Authorities and obtain the visas. For southbound Mekong cruises, this will be done at the Siem Reap Airport. For northbound Mekong cruises, this will be done onboard the River Orchid prior to entering Cambodia.
A single entry visa is required for entry to Laos.
Any visa(s) or other documentation required for a particular itinerary is the sole responsibility of the guest. Obtaining and carrying these documents is your sole responsibility. Uniworld will not be responsible for advising and/or obtaining required travel documentation for any passenger, or for any delays, damages and/or losses, including missed portions of your trip, related to improper travel documentation.
Due to government imposed security/immigration measures, passport information and emergency contact information are required for all passengers prior to release documentation.
Advanced, Cancelled, or Delayed Sailing: Uniworld reserves the right to cancel, advance or postpone any scheduled sailing date and may, but is not obligated to, substitute hotels or vessels. Uniworld shall not be liable for any loss to you by reason of any such cancellation, advancement or postponement. In the event of cancellation by Uniworld, your sole right of recourse shall be to obtain a refund of monies paid to Uniworld in connection with such cruise/journey.
Cruise Prices: Prices are based on costs, charges, tariffs, rates, prices, taxes, levies and exchange rates as at 21 October 2014.
Should the total cruise/journey price increase by more than 10%, passengers will have the right to cancel their trip within seven (7) days notification of the surcharge without penalty.
No surcharges in respect of cost or currency fluctuations will be made once payment for the deposit of your cruise/journey is received. This does not apply to fuel surcharges and any taxes, charges or levies imposed by any Government or their agencies.
Cruise Participation: Uniworld trips are exciting, relatively active holidays. While there will be plenty of time to relax, there will also be much to see and do. Your included excursions may require an extensive amount of walking over cobblestone streets, uneven pavement and sometimes steps; please bring any issues regarding your health or mobility to the attention of Uniworld when making your booking as this could greatly impact your holiday experience. In addition, you should know that while river cruise ships are spacious and elegant they may not have elevators. If you are disabled, a companion who will be responsible for providing any required assistance must accompany you, as Uniworld is unable to provide any individual assistance. Uniworld has sole discretion to decline the booking of any passenger whose condition may affect their own health, safety and enjoyment or that of other passengers. Additionally, Uniworld reserves its right to require a current passenger to end their trip for the aforesaid reasons. Uniworld does not recommend their trips for children under 8 years of age.
Itinerary Changes: You can count on the value of Uniworld’s experience and regional knowledge to make sure you enjoy your cruise/journey even when conditions beyond our control occur. The very nature of a river, its sources, and networks of bridges and locks, means that there will be times when weather or other conditions in a region require Uniworld to make adjustments and/or modifications to an itinerary. Although every effort will be made to keep itineraries, vessels, and hotels as they are shown in the brochure, Uniworld reserves the right to substitute itineraries, hotels or vessels. In such cases, we will do everything we can to make sure the locations visited, the excursions taken and the hotels or vessels offered are similar to the ones originally planned. Any changes to itineraries will not result in eligibility for a refund. Itineraries are subject to change without notice and may need to be altered specifically because of water levels, wind factors, or other conditions.
Extensions/Land Tours: Uniworld reserves the right to reschedule and/or cancel land extensions or land tours if the minimum number of participants (20 people) is not met or for safety reasons. If you, as the Passenger, choose to cancel your pre- or post-cruise extension eighty-nine (89) days or less before departure, then please refer to the Cancellation Policy section for the applicable cancellation policy and penalties that will be applied.
Medical Issues: Uniworld does not employ staff doctors or nurses. Should you need medical attention, it will be at local facilities, at your expense. Uniworld is not responsible for any costs incurred as a result of medical services, or for the quality of medical care or medical services you receive.
Your Asia Cruise: We are confident your river cruise/journey in Asia will be an enjoyable and rewarding experience. Indeed, a cruise on the Mekong, Yangtze, or Ganges rivers is the most comfortable way to experience these fascinating countries. You will be travelling through a region that is continually changing. Many things are different from those at home, and what you might take for granted in Western countries may not be available during your cruise/journey. To make the most of your cruise/journey holiday in Asia, please take along your spirit of adventure and willingness to be flexible and tolerant. You will be richly rewarded, because this river cruise/journey is more than just a vacation; it’s a unique cultural experience you will remember and talk about for the rest of your life.
Young Travellers: Guests who are less than 18 years of age must be accompanied by an adult who is 21 years of age or older. While we will accept children 4 years of age and older as Guests, it is our long-term experience that most children do not enjoy or appreciate the river cruise experience. There are no special arrangements, activities, medical facilities, or accommodations (unless noted) for children on Uniworld cruise/journey programs. Adults accompanying children are responsible for their behaviour onboard and ashore.
Smoking Policy: For the comfort of all our Guests, smoking is only permitted on the sun decks of our ships. Smoking is not permitted on motorcoaches. This policy applies to all forms of smoking materials, including vapour e-cigarettes.
Diets: Please advise the Uniworld reservation agent of specific dietary considerations and we will do our best to accommodate your request. Please also indicate your needs when you complete the Passenger Information Form at uniworldcruises.com.au.
Pets: Pets are not permitted on Uniworld trips.
Transportation aboard the ship is provided solely by the ship owners and charterers pursuant to the terms and conditions of the cruise ticket contract that you will receive prior to embarkation. A copy of the form of the cruise ticket contract terms and conditions will be provided upon request. Please note that the cruise ticket contract includes a clause specifying the courts of Basel Switzerland as the exclusive forum for resolving disputes. The cruise ticket contract is governed by the law of Switzerland and is subject to limitations of liability and time limits for making claims under the Athens Convention Relating to the Carriage of Passengers and their Luggage by Sea, 1974 (“Athens Convention”) and the International Convention on Limitation of Liability for Maritime Claims, 1976 (“1976 Convention”).
Uniworld Cruises are operated on ships owned or operated by Uniworld, referred to as ‘the operators’. Uniworld River Cruises SA, referred to as the Operators, are the agents for Uniworld River Cruises (Australia) Ltd., who have empowered the Operators on its behalf to undertake the following duties:
1. The Operators shall be responsible to the passenger for supplying the services and accommodations described in this brochure, except where such services cannot be supplied or the itinerary used is changed due to delays or other causes of whatever kind or nature beyond the control of the Operators. In such circumstances, the Operators will do their best to supply comparable services, accommodations and itineraries and there shall be no refund in this connection.
2. This brochure represents the entire agreement between the passenger and the above mentioned Operators.
3. In the absence of their own negligence, neither the Operators nor their agents or cooperating organizations shall be responsible for any cancellations or for acts of any other service providers concerned, diversions or substitution of equipment of any act, variations, postponements, omission or default whatsoever by air carriers, land carriers, hoteliers or hotels, transportation companies, or any other persons providing any of the services and accommodations to passengers including any results thereof, such as changes in services, accommodations or facilities necessitated by same. Nor shall they be liable for any loss or damage to baggage or property, or for injury, illness or death, or for any damages or claims whatsoever arising from loss, negligence or delay from the act, error, omission default or negligence of any person not their direct employee or under their exclusive control, including any act, error, omission, default, or negligence of any country, government or governmental authority, officer or employee. All baggage and personal effects are at all times and in all circumstances at the risk of the passenger. Baggage insurance is recommended. The carriers, hotels and other suppliers who provide services on tour are independent contractors; they are not agents, employees or servants of the Operators or their associated companies. The Operators are not responsible for any criminal conduct by third parties.
4. Where the passenger occupies a motorcoach seat fitted with a safety belt, neither the Operators nor their agents or cooperating organizations or service providers concerned will be liable for any injury, illness or death or for any loss or damages or claims whatsoever arising from any accident or incident, if the safety belt is not being worn at the time of such accident or incident.
5. Transportation companies, airlines etc. are not to be held responsible for any act, omission or event during the time passengers are not on board planes, transportation or conveyances. The passenger contracts in use by the airlines or transportation companies when used shall constitute the sole contract between the airline, transportation company and passenger or purchaser of this tour and the Operators assume no responsibility in this connection. Enrolment in and payment for a tour shall constitute agreement and acceptance by the passenger of the terms and conditions set forth in this brochure which cannot be varied except in writing by an officer of the Company.
6. Uniworld River Cruises (Australia) Pty. Ltd., is only responsible for the services of reservations and ticketing. It does not accept any responsibility or liability for any of the acts, omissions or defaults, whether negligent or otherwise, of the operators.
All matters arising in relation to the services provided by Uniworld River Cruises (Australia) Ltd., but not in respect of other things, are subject to the law of the State of New South Wales.
7. Every effort is made to ensure brochure accuracy at the time of going to press; however Uniworld cannot be held responsible for printing or typographical errors, or errors arising from unforeseen circumstances. We reserve the right to make corrections as required.
8. All bookings made with any provider of any transport, facilities, meals, other goods or of any services are subject to terms and conditions imposed by them.
If you decide that you do not want to visit a country or part of a country you intended to visit because of any law, condition or requirement of any government or governmental authority, official, servant or agent, you are responsible for any costs, expenses, charges, fees, losses or damage incurred as a consequence and any cancellation or amendment fees.
Neither Uniworld nor Uniworld River Cruises (Australia) Ltd., accept any responsibility or liability for your acts, omissions, defaults, conduct, state of health, condition or circumstances.
It is your responsibility to comply with the terms, conditions or requirements of any service provider, or any country or governmental authorities, or to bear any costs or losses incurred as a consequence of you not complying with them.
Your booking arrangements are to be made by your Travel Agent and the person affecting the booking shall be deemed to have accepted the booking conditions.
In order to process your tour booking, Uniworld River Cruises (Australia) Ltd., will need to use personal information for you and other passengers included in your booking. This personal information may include each passenger’s name, address, phone number, email address, passport number, credit/debit card number and sensitive information such as health, medical, dietary, mobility, religious or other special requirements. This personal information may be passed on to other suppliers of your travel arrangements in addition to public authorities (such as customs and immigration), security and credit checking organizations, and otherwise as required by law. Similarly, we may also need to provide personal information to contractors who provide services to or for us (e.g., sending mail, processing payments, providing marketing assistance). This may involve sending personal information (including sensitive information) to other countries that may not afford the same level of protection of personal information.
We may also use the personal information you provide us to review and improve the cruises and services that we offer, and to contact you (by post, email and/or telephone) about other cruises/tours and services offered by us, that you may be interested in. If you don’t want to receive this information, or if you want a copy of the personal information we hold about you, write to us at Uniworld River Cruises, Travel House, 35 Grafton Street, Bondi Junction, NSW 2022. We may charge a fee for supplying you with this information as permitted by law.
Please note: In these Booking Conditions, Uniworld River Cruises (Australia) Ltd., (ACN 149 428 348) is included in the expressions “Uniworld River Cruises (Aust),” “we,” “us” and “persons” taking advantage of the services offered by Uniworld River Cruises (Australia) Ltd., or other persons (if any) included with that person in the booking and that person’s or those persons’ travel agent (if any) are included in the expression “you,” “your” or “passenger.”
Uniworld River Cruises (Australia) Pty. Ltd. (ABN 31 149 428 348)Travel House,35 Grafton Street,Bondi Junction, N.S.W. 2022
Telephone Numbers SYD Metro area (02) 9028 5199All other areas 1300 780 231Fax: (02) 9028 0899Licence No: 2 TA 08711
All Continental Europe cruises are operated by
Uniworld River Cruises SA 9b Boulevard Du Prince Henri,L-1724 Luxembourg
This brochure supersedes any other current brochure on the market.