2019 UNIWORLD RIVER CRUISES (AUSTRALIA) PTY. LTD. TERMS & CONDITIONS
We at Uniworld River Cruises (Australia) Pty. Ltd. want to do everything we can to make sure your trip is enjoyable and worry-free. As part of that commitment, we are including the following information about your trip. Please read these pages carefully, as payment of a deposit represents an acceptance of the Uniworld River Cruises (Australia) Pty. Ltd. Terms and Conditions.
PRICES: All prices are per guest in Australian Dollars based on double occupancy unless otherwise noted. Fares are capacity controlled and are subject to change at any time without notice. Availability of all stateroom categories cannot be guaranteed. Fares for single guests are available upon request. Additional restrictions may apply. If you have purchased your airfares with Uniworld River Cruises (Australia) Pty. Ltd. and/or you have purchased a cruise-tour package with Uniworld River Cruises (Australia) Pty. Ltd. that includes air, your entire package price will be guaranteed at time of initial payment. For current pricing, please refer to our website.
RESERVATIONS AND PAYMENTS: A deposit of at least 10% of the cruise-tour fare (cruise-tour plus pre and or post land extensions, less applicable discounts), per person is required within 72 hours of reservation. Final payment is due at least 120 days prior to departure. Reservations will be cancelled if final payment is not received in a timely manner. For all guests booking air travel through Uniworld River Cruises (Australia) Pty. Ltd., promotional or otherwise, an additional non-refundable deposit of A$1,500pp, unless otherwise stated, is required at the time of booking. Upon receipt of air deposit your airfare, tax and fuel surcharges are final. Your travel agent shall, on receipt of any monies, hold such monies for each and every person named in the booking until the booking is confirmed at which times those monies shall be remitted promptly by your Travel Agent to us. All such monies received by us will be deposited as required by law. We will be entitled to keep for each account any interest earned on such monies. It is a condition of our confirmation or your booking and acceptance of your cruise, may be disbursed by us as and when we see fit or in respect of the services to be provided or fees payable under the cruise program, and the payment of a deposit or otherwise for your cruise or cruise/tour, shall be deemed to be a direction to disburse such monies as aforesaid.
ITEMS NOT INCLUDED IN THE PUBLISHED PRICE: These include, but are not limited to, airfares to and from your destination except where specified; airport/departure taxes; aircraft seat assignments, cost of passport and visas; taxes; excess baggage charges; laundry; phone calls; all items of a personal nature; items not included on regular menus; expenses for additional sightseeing not specified in the itinerary; and health, accident, baggage, or travel protection plans.
COMPLIMENTARY BEVERAGE PROGRAM:
- Europe and Russia: Complimentary beverages onboard: including wine, beer, spirits, specialty coffee, tea, soft drinks and mineral water.
- India, Vietnam & Cambodia: Complimentary house wine, local spirits and beer, soft drinks, tea and coffee will be served throughout the cruise. Onshore lunches include complimentary soft drinks, coffee and tea. Onshore dinners include complimentary house wine, local beer, soft drinks, coffee and tea.
- China: Complimentary house wine, local spirits, beer, soft drinks, tea and coffee will be available throughout the cruise. Onboard lunches and dinner include complimentary house wine, local beer, soft drinks, coffee and tea. Onshore lunches and dinners include complimentary soft drinks, coffee and tea.
- Egypt: Complimentary house wine, local beer, soft drinks, tea and coffee will be served during lunch and dinner onboard.
Europe, Russia, Asia and Egypt: Gratuities for onboard and onshore personnel (ship staff, crew, Cruise/Tour Manager, local experts, drivers) are included, both during the cruise-tour as well as on any pre- or post-cruise land extensions.
We hope nothing will come between you and your Uniworld River Cruises (Australia) Pty. Ltd. holiday. Should you need to cancel your booking or any portion of it, your cancellation must be received in writing. It will be effective on the date of receipt. The cancellation charges noted below are in addition to any cancellation charges that might be levied by your travel agent. There is no refund for unused services or unused portions of the trip. For additional worry-free travel, please see the Travel Protection Plan section of the brochure though it should be noted that this is not a replacement for comprehensive travel insurance and we recommend guests consider purchasing comprehensive travel insurance at the time of booking. Cancellation charges, per person and based upon the date of cancellation, are as follows:
**Fare is defined as the cost of any cruise, land, purchased from Uniworld River Cruises (Australia) Pty. Ltd. Cancellation charges are calculated against the amount payable to Uniworld River Cruises (Australia) Pty. Ltd. for any cruise, land, purchased from Uniworld River Cruises (Australia) Pty. Ltd. These cancellation fees are in addition to any cancellation fees that might be levied by your travel agent. There is no refund for unused services or for unused portions of the trip. Gold Seal Protection and the Gold Seal Protection plus Peace of Mind programs are non-refundable once paid to Uniworld River Cruises (Australia) Pty. Ltd.
WORRY-FREE DEPOSIT PROTECTION: OUR 5-YEAR GUARANTEE: Should your plans change and you cancel your booking one hundred and twenty (120) days or more prior to your cruise-tour start date, you will receive a credit of A$250 per person, valid for up to five years from date of cancellation. This credit cannot be used as deposit or Gold Seal/Gold Seal Protection Plus Peace of Mind Protection payment for a future booking and can only be used as a credit (no cash value) towards a new booking on an alternative departure. Only one credit per person can be applied to each cruise or cruise/tour booked, and is combinable with all current Uniworld River Cruises (Australia) Pty. Ltd. promotions.
ILLNESS OR ABSENTEEISM: In the event of your withdrawal from a cruise after commencement for reasons of illness, you must obtain a medical certificate in support of any insurance claim. We regret that no refunds can be made for absences from a cruise, including but not limited to missed meals or sightseeing. Uniworld River Cruises (Australia) Pty. Ltd. makes no representation or guarantee concerning reimbursements of funds paid by you under any insurance claim.
CRUISE/TOUR REVISION FEE: A fee of A$45 per person, per transaction, will be charged for any passenger name change; cruise date change (within the same calendar year only) or itinerary change made to a reservation after the booking is confirmed unless the change increases the value of the booking. A passenger name change, cruise date change or itinerary change within 120 days of departure will be treated as a cancellation subject to our cancellation policy and a new reservation must be made. Cancellation charges (as shown above) will apply. Any revision to a booking may result in the loss of a confirmed airline reservation, change fees (refer to the Air Travel change fees section for details) and increased airfare in addition to any charges levied by the airlines, which will be payable by the Passenger.
AIRLINES AND AIRFARES: Airfares are subject to change or withdrawal at any time (without notice), and airlines reserve the right to change the payment due date at any point prior to ticketing. Changes to flight itineraries and name changes may result in penalties charged by the airline concerned and passed on to the passenger.
AIR REVISION FEE: A fee of A$45 per person will be charged for any revision or alteration made to an airfare after confirmation. This charge will apply each time you make a change. If you change your air travel plans after your ticket is issued, you will be charged A$100 per person per change, and you will be responsible for any increase in airfare and/or penalties levied by the airline, which may be up to 100% of the air ticket value.
AIRLINE CANCELLATIONS: If you choose to cancel your air arrangements at any time, your air deposit will be non-refundable, alongside any fees and charges the airline may impose for cancellation under the rules of the air ticket that has been issued by Uniworld River Cruises (Australia) Pty. Ltd. on your behalf. Inside 120 days the full airfare costs are non-refundable. For air booked under “air included” or promotional offers, cancellation charges may be deducted from any cruise fare refund you may be entitled to under our Cancellation Policy.
AIR BOOKINGS AND RESTRICTIONS: Uniworld River Cruises (Australia) Pty. Ltd. is not responsible for denied boarding or reissued costs due to an incorrect name, date of birth or gender information supplied to Uniworld River Cruises (Australia) Pty. Ltd. Flight itineraries supplied prior to ticketing are subject to change without notice. Uniworld River Cruises (Australia) Pty. Ltd. is not responsible for any inconvenience or costs or fees incurred as a result of delays, lost luggage, or disruption of air service. Flight itineraries provided are subject to change by the Air Carrier(s).
SEAT ASSIGNMENT AND SPECIAL SERVICES: Requests for seat assignments, special meals and special services must be made directly to the airline. Not all airlines offer pre- assigned seating and any additional charge will be at the guest’s expense. Seating is solely under the airlines control as are itinerary changes, flight delays and schedule changes.
AIRPORT/SHIP TRANSFERS: If you purchase a Uniworld River Cruises (Australia) Pty. Ltd. Air-Inclusive Cruise, you enjoy the special included convenience of scheduled group transfers between the airport and the ship/ hotel on the day the cruise or cruise/tour begins, and between the ship/hotel and the airport on the day the cruise or cruise/tour ends. There may be a waiting period between transfers of 2 hours or more unless private car transfers have been purchased. Private car transfers are only available on the cruise or cruise/tour start/end dates. If your flight arrangements arrive/depart outside of these parameters, you must make your own transfer arrangements.
MAKING YOUR OWN FLIGHT ARRANGEMENTS: Should you elect to make your own flight arrangements, Uniworld River Cruises (Australia) Pty. Ltd. will provide complimentary scheduled group transfers to/from the ship/hotel as long as your flights arrive/depart in the cruise or cruise/ tour starting/ending cities in accordance with the start/ending dates shown in this brochure and your flight arrangements comply with the Transfer Guidelines as shown below. If your flight arrangements arrive/depart outside of these parameters, you must make your own transfer arrangements. Uniworld River Cruises (Australia) Pty. Ltd. will not be responsible for late arrivals or missed transfers due to delayed or cancelled flights, for missed cruise/trip days, or for extra costs resulting from the foregoing. To qualify for transfers, it is required that flight information and pre-trip arrangements for all passengers making their own flight arrangements be given to Uniworld River Cruises (Australia) Pty. Ltd. no later than forty-five (45) days prior to departure and conform to the Transfer Guidelines below:
TRANSFER GUIDELINES: Flights must arrive/depart within the following time limits:
Arrival guidelines for the programs listed below are 5 am – 2:30 pm
- Castles along the Rhine (Amsterdam to Basel)
Arrival guidelines for the programs listed below are 5 am – 3:30 pm
- Delightful Danube (cruise only Nuremberg to Budapest)
- Paris & Normandy (Paris to Paris)
- Burgundy & Provence (Lyon to Avignon)
- Burgundy & Provence (Avignon to Lyon)
- A Portrait of Majestic France (Paris to Bordeaux)
- Grand France (Paris to Avignon)
- Grand France (Avignon to Paris)
- Parisian Royal Holiday (Paris to Paris)
BAGGAGE FEES: Uniworld River Cruises (Australia) Pty. Ltd. allows one (1) suitcase, one (1) carry-on bag, and one (1) personal bag (handbag, computer case, etc.) per person onboard our ships and motorcoaches. Airlines may have additional baggage restrictions and may impose additional fees for checked baggage and/or excess baggage (visit: iﬂybags.com). Additional taxes and surcharges maybe collected by foreign government and nongovernment entities. Keep an eye on your baggage — it is your responsibility throughout the trip. Uniworld River Cruises (Australia) Pty. Ltd. is not responsible for loss, theft, or damage to baggage and/or personal belongings at any time during the cruise, or on included transfers and other transportation. We recommend Comprehensive International Travel Insurance is obtained by all travellers to provide cover for any lost, stolen or damaged baggage. Flights included as part of the cruise-tour itinerary: Should your Uniworld River Cruises (Australia) Pty. Ltd. itinerary include one or more flights within the region visited as part of your cruise-tour itinerary, such flights will be in economy class. Should passengers baggage exceed the airline's limit, excess baggage fees may be levied and will be the passengers responsibility to pay (visit: iﬂybags.com)
DOCUMENTS: Uniworld River Cruises (Australia) Pty. Ltd. will issue your travel documentation approximately 40 days before your cruise/tour departure date, provided that Uniworld River Cruises (Australia) Pty. Ltd. receives your completed Passenger Information Form available to complete online at: uniworld.com/au/alreadybooked/express_check_in and your booking is paid in full. If you are planning to depart from Australia significantly earlier than your cruise/tour departure please ensure this information is provided to us at the time of booking so that your documentation reaches you in a timely manner. A documentation re-issue is subject to a documentation re-issue fee of A$25.00 per person. This fee will apply in addition to any other applicable Uniworld River Cruises (Australia) Pty. Ltd./and or Airline cancellation/amendment fees.
PASSPORT/VISA: A valid passport is required to travel on all Uniworld River Cruises (Australia) Pty. Ltd. programs. Passports must be valid for at least six (6) months after the scheduled return date of the trip. You should check with your travel agent or the Australian Consulate Service for information regarding necessary documentation. Non Australian citizens must check with the appropriate consular office for entry requirements pertaining to your trip. Any visa(s) or other documentation required for a particular itinerary is the sole responsibility of the guest. Obtaining and carrying these documents is your sole responsibility. Uniworld River Cruises (Australia) Pty. Ltd. will not be responsible for advising and/or obtaining required travel documentation for any passenger, or for any delays, damages and/or losses, including missed portions of your trip, related to improper travel documentation. Entry to another country may be refused even if the required information and travel documents are complete. For entry to Tibet, a visa is not necessary, but an entry permit is required for all passport holders. Uniworld River Cruises (Australia) Pty. Ltd. will provide a Tibet Entry Permit while on the tour for all guests. In order for us to properly arrange for your Tibet Entry Permit in advance, please mail a copy of the photo page of your passport as well as a copy of your China visa to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than forty-five 45) days prior to departure. Please include your name and Uniworld River Cruises (Australia) Pty. Ltd. booking number in your email.
For entry to Cambodia, our Tour Manager will take care of obtaining Cambodian visas for each Guest while on the tour. Each Guest will need to provide the Tour Manager with their passport and $50 USD cash per person while on the tour for this purpose. The Tour Manager will then submit all passports to the Cambodian Immigration Authorities and obtain the visas. For southbound Mekong cruises, this will be done at the Siem Reap Airport. For northbound Mekong cruises, this will be done onboard the Mekong Navigator prior to entering Cambodia.
A single entry visa is required for entry to Vietnam.
A single entry visa is required for entry to China.
A single entry visa is required for entry to Russia.
A single entry visa is required for Egypt.
A single entry visa is required for India.
Due to government imposed security/ immigration measures, passport information and emergency contact information are required for all passengers prior to release of documentation.
ITINERARY CHANGES: You can count on the value of Uniworld River Cruises (Australia) Pty. Ltd.'s experience and regional knowledge to make sure you enjoy your cruise or cruise/tour even when conditions beyond our control occur. The very nature of a river, its sources, and networks of bridges and locks, means that there will be times when weather or other conditions in a region require Uniworld River Cruises (Australia) Pty. Ltd. To make adjustments and/or modifications to an itinerary. Although every effort will be made to keep itineraries, vessels, and hotels as they are shown in the brochure, Uniworld River Cruises (Australia) Pty. Ltd. reserves the right to substitute itineraries, hotels or vessels. In such cases, we will do everything we can to make sure the locations visited, the excursions taken and the hotels or vessels offered are similar to the ones originally planned. Any changes to itineraries will not result in eligibility for a refund. Itineraries are subject to change without notice and may need to be altered specifically because of water levels, wind factors, or other conditions.
STATEROOM CHANGES: If due to unexpected technical or other unforeseen circumstances, it becomes necessary to change a guest’s stateroom onboard, any change to stateroom category will result in eligibility for a refund equal to the fare difference between the category booked and the category of relocation.
EXTENSIONS/LAND TOURS: Uniworld River Cruises (Australia) Pty. Ltd. reserves the right to reschedule and/or cancel land extensions or land tours if the minimum number of participants (20 people) is not met or for safety reasons. If you, as the Passenger, choose to cancel your pre- or post-cruise extension one hundred and nineteen (119) days or less before departure, then please refer to the Cancellation Policy section for the applicable cancellation policy and penalties that will be applied.
ADVANCED, CANCELLED, OR DELAYED SAILING: Uniworld River Cruises (Australia) Pty. Ltd. reserves the right to cancel, advance or postpone any scheduled sailing date and may, but is not obligated to, substitute hotels or vessels. Uniworld River Cruises (Australia) Pty. Ltd. shall not be liable for any loss to you by reason of any such cancellation, advancement or postponement. In the event of cancellation by Uniworld River Cruises (Australia) Pty. Ltd., your sole right of recourse shall be to obtain a refund of monies paid to Uniworld River Cruises (Australia) Pty. Ltd. in connection with such cruise or cruise/tour.
SECURITY: Security is a major concern to all of us and the situation globally is constantly changing. Events around the world, coupled with the “Travel Advisories” put out by various governments, may at times necessitate changes to the accommodations and itinerary or even trip cancellation. You must accept these risks involved in travel to any country that may experience security difficulties and accept responsibility for your own travel decisions.
HEALTH AND MOBILITY: The Company strives to provide a safe, enjoyable, and memorable travel experience for all passengers. The Company welcomes passengers with special needs or disabilities. However, please note the following:
- Passengers are required to advise the Company, in advance, of any physical, medical, or other special needs that require accommodation.
- All guests must ensure they are medically and physically fit for travel. The Company may impose safety requirements necessary for the safe operation of the tour. The Company may also exclude an individual from participating in a tour or an activity if that individual’s participation poses a direct threat to health or safety.
- The Company does not provide personal devices (such as wheelchairs, hearing aids or prescription eye glasses) or services of a personal nature (such as pushing a wheelchair or assistance in eating, toileting or dressing). A companion capable of providing such assistance must accompany any passenger who requires services of a personal nature.
- The Company does not employ medical personnel. Any necessary medical attention will be provided by a local facility at the passenger’s expense. The Company is not responsible or liable for any losses or costs incurred as a result of medical services obtained while on tour, or for the quality of the care or services received.
- Passengers should be aware some tours include rough terrain, extensive walking over cobblestone streets, uneven pavement, steps and locations which may not be easily accessible or accessible by wheelchair. During the tour, the Company may make arrangements with carriers, hotels and other independent suppliers to provide travel services. These parties are independent entities over which the Company has no control. Accommodations on international tours may differ from those in Australia. The Company cannot guarantee disability access or accommodations for passengers traveling on international tours. The Company may, in its sole discretion, decline the booking of any passenger or remove any passenger who cannot comply or refuses to comply with the Company’s terms and conditions. The Company is not responsible for any costs incurred in the event a passenger is removed from a tour. Passengers agree not to hold the Company or any of its related entities liable for any actions taken under these terms and conditions.
YOUNG TRAVELLERS: Guests who are less than 18 years of age must be accompanied by an adult who is 21 years of age or older. Our Generations program is for ages 4-17. Please note: Our Generations program departures include programs and services designed for families traveling with children. Adults accompanying children are responsible for their behaviour onboard and onshore.
SMOKING POLICY: For the comfort of all our Guests, smoking is only permitted on the sun decks of our ships. Smoking is not permitted on motorcoaches. This policy applies to all forms of smoking materials including vapor e-cigarettes.
DIETS: Please advise the Uniworld River Cruises (Australia) Pty. Ltd. reservation agent of specific dietary considerations and we will do our best to accommodate your request. Please also indicate your needs when you complete the Passenger Information Form at uniworld.com/au/already-booked/express_check_in.
PETS: Pets are not permitted on Uniworld River Cruises (Australia) Pty. Ltd. trips.
RIVER HERITAGE CLUB BENEFITS: Once you’ve cruised with Uniworld River Cruises (Australia) Pty. Ltd., you automatically become an esteemed member of our River Heritage Club, eligible for an array of member only savings and onboard benefits that we offer in sincere gratitude for your loyalty including, but not limited to:
- Join the Captain for a members-only cocktail party onboard
- Complimentary onboard laundry service weekly on ships in Europe and Russia and once per cruise on ships in India, Vietnam and Cambodia
- Complimentary in-room fruit platter waiting for you upon arrival
- Exclusive e-magazine
- Special member-only offers
River Heritage Club savings and amenities are available to guests after completing their first Uniworld River Cruise. Exclusive Savings apply to the cruise portion of the trip. Savings vary by itinerary and departure date. Savings are combinable with all Uniworld River Cruises (Australia) Pty. Ltd. promotions. River Heritage Club savings are not combinable with any Travel Corporation discounts as offered by companies such as, but not limited to: Insight Vacations, Luxury Gold, Trafalgar, Adventure World, etc. Restrictions may apply. Offer is subject to change.
GOLD SEAL PROTECTION (GSP) AND GOLD SEAL PROTECTION (GSP) PLUS PEACE OF MIND TERMS & CONDITIONS
GOLD SEAL PROTECTION
Uniworld River Cruises (Australia) Pty. Ltd. administers the Gold Seal Protection Program (“the GSP Program”). This program is available for purchase for $A129 per person. Under this program Uniworld River Cruises (Australia) Pty. Ltd will provide guests with 100% of the Uniworld River Cruises (Australia) Pty. Ltd cancellation penalties in the form of a future cruise credit certificate, should a guest need to cancel their cruise / tour for any reason at time prior to 30 days before their originally scheduled flight departure date from Australia. Cancellation penalties are reimbursed in the form of a Uniworld Cruise Certificate allowing guests a two (2) year credit to travel with Uniworld River Cruises (Australia) Pty. Ltd at a later date. Please note that to be eligible for the “Gold Seal Protection”, guests must enrol and pay for the program at the time the original deposit is paid. The certificate is issued in the event of cancellation and is valid for travel within two years from the date of issue, is non-transferable, non-refundable and may not be redeemed for cash. Uniworld River Cruises (Australia) Pty. Ltd “Gold Seal Protection” does not cover any airfares purchased through Uniworld River Cruises (Australia) Pty. Ltd or independently.
GOLD SEAL PROTECTION PLUS PEACE OF MIND
Uniworld River Cruises (Australia) Pty. Ltd administers the Gold Seal Protection Plus Peace of Mind program (the “GSP Plus” program”). This program is available for A$259 per person. Under this program Uniworld River Cruises (Australia) Pty. Ltd will provide guests with the same benefits as the Gold Seal Protection program outlined above and the additional program benefits outlined here. The GSP Plus program is designed to be hassle-free for our guests. If a covered event, defined below, occurs during the cruise, Uniworld River Cruises (Australia) Pty. Ltd will automatically process the event and send a cheque in AUD to the guest.
The guest does not need to file a claim with Uniworld River Cruises (Australia) Pty. Ltd. And the program is different from, and independent of, any travel insurance claim that may be available to the guest. The GSP Plus program is designed to compensate our guests for unforeseen events rather than minor delays. The GSP Plus program covers a cruise delay of more than 24 hours or events when a cruise is cancelled once it has commenced. Guests will be reimbursed A$500 for each disrupted 24 hours period with a maximum reimbursement of A$5,000 per person, per cruise. “Cruise” is defined as the published itinerary on which the guest is booked, as identified on the Uniworld River Cruises (Australia) Pty. Ltd booking invoice. Pre- and post-cruise land extensions, extra nights at hotels, travel days, and independent travel arrangements are not covered.
Covered Event(s) is defined as follows:
If due to weather (including water levels), mechanical breakdown, or industrial actions (strikes, lock closures) one or more of the following occurs:
- A complete halt to the itinerary for more than 24 hours, where we are unable to deliver the scheduled shore excursions, or alternate excursions of similar quality;
- An event resulting in our inability to deliver the published program except by way of coach rides greater than three hours each way;
- A cancellation of the cruise by Uniworld River Cruises (Australia) Pty. Ltd that occurs after the cruise has commenced;
A normal disruption is not a Covered Event and there would be no compensation for the following occurrences:
- If a disruption occurs but lasts for less than 24 hours.
- If high water levels prohibit the sailing of the ship for an afternoon but the ship is navigated under the bridge that evening and delivers you to your scheduled disembarkation place the following day;
- If it becomes necessary, due to high/low water, to trade ships and the trade takes less than 6 hours to complete;
- If we have to make alternate arrangement for any itinerary activities. For example, if due to prevailing conditions we are not able to visit Marksburg Castle and we select a replacement of similar quality, this will not constitute Covered Event.
Uniworld River Cruises (Australia) Pty. Ltd reserves the sole right to determine whether or not an event is a Covered Event and what amount of compensation is allowable. Any one occurrence or series of occurrences attributable to one source or originating cause is deemed to be one Covered Event.
Once a Covered Event occurs, Uniworld River Cruises (Australia) Pty. Ltd will, within 14 days of the conclusion of the cruise, mail a cheque to the guest's home address on file with Uniworld River Cruises (Australia) Pty. Ltd. The compensation offered under the GSP Plus program is limited to either A$500 for each disrupted 24-hour period with a maximum compensation of A$5000 per guest who has purchased the GSP Plus program. Consequential loss of any kind including loss of enjoyment or any other financial loss is not covered or provided under the GSP Plus program. The GSP Plus program is available for Uniworld River Cruises (Australia) Pty. Ltd guests, and must be purchased at the time of paying the original cruise or cruise/tour deposit. This program is not valid or available for guests who are travelling on TA or interline rates.
YOUR CRUISE TICKET CONTRACT
Transportation aboard the ship is provided solely by the suppliers (Ship Owners) pursuant to the terms and conditions of the Passenger Ticket Contract that you will receive prior to embarkation. A copy of the form of the cruise ticket contract terms and conditions will be provided upon request. Please note the Passenger Ticket Contract includes a clause specifying the courts of Basel, Switzerland, as the exclusive forum for resolving disputes. The Passenger Ticket Contract is governed by the law of Switzerland and is subject to the limitations of liability and time limits for making claims under the Athens Convention relating to the Carriage of Passengers and their Luggage by sea, 1974, (“Athens Convention”) and the International Convention on Limitation of Liability for Maritime Claims, 1976 (“1976 Convention”).
RESPONSIBILITY AND WAIVER
Uniworld River Cruises S.A, is the agent for Uniworld River Cruises (Australia) Pty. Ltd. who have empowered the operators to undertake the following duties.
- The operators shall be responsible to the passenger for supplying the services described in this brochure, except where such services cannot be supplied or the itinerary used is changed due delays or other causes of whatever kind or nature beyond the control of the comparable services and itineraries and there shall be no refund in this connection.
- This brochure represents the entire agreement between the passenger and the above mentioned operators.
- In the absence of their own negligence, neither the operators nor their agents or cooperating organisations shall be responsible for any cancellations or for acts of any other service providers concerned, diversions or substitutions of equipment of any act, variations, postponements, omission or default whatsoever by air carriers, land carriers, hoteliers or hotels, transportation companies or any other persons providing any of the services and accommodations to passengers including any results thereof such as changes in services accommodations or facilitations necessitated by same. Nor shall they be liable for any loss or damage to baggage or property or for injury illness or death or for any damages or claims whatsoever arising from loss negligence or delay from the act, error, omission default or negligence of any person not their direct employee or under their exclusive control including any act error omission default or negligence of any country government or governmental authority, officer or employee. All baggage and personal effects are at all times and in all circumstances at the risk of the passenger. Baggage insurance is recommended. The carriers, hotels, and other suppliers who provide services on tour are independent contractors, they are not agents employees or servants of the Operators or their associated companies. The Operators are not responsible for any criminal conduct by third parties.
- Where the passenger occupies a motorcoach seat fitted with a safety belt, neither the Operators, nor their agents or cooperating organisations or service providers concerned will be liable for any injury, illness or death or for any loss or damages or claims whatsoever arising from any accident or incident if the safety belt is not being worn at the time of such accident or injury.
- Transportation companies, airlines etc are not to be held responsible for any act, omission or event during the time passengers are not onboard planes, transportation or conveyances. The passenger contracts in use by the airlines or transportation companies when used shall constitute the sole contract between the airline, transportation and passenger or purchaser of this tour and the Operators assume no responsibility in this connection. Enrolment in and payment for a tour shall constitute agreement and acceptance by the passenger of the terms and conditions set forth in this brochure which cannot be varied except in writing by an officer of the company.
- Uniworld River Cruises (Australia) Pty. Ltd. is only responsible for the services of reservation and ticketing. It does not accept any responsibility or liability for any of the acts, omissions defaults, whether negligent or otherwise, of the operators. All matters arising in relation to the services provided by Uniworld River Cruises (Australia) Pty. Ltd., but not in respect of other things, are subject to the law of the State of New South Wales.
- Every effort is made to ensure brochure accuracy at the time of going to press: however Uniworld River Cruises (Australia) Pty. Ltd. cannot be held responsible for printing or typographical errors, or errors arising from unforeseen circumstances in relation to brochures, internet websites or any other printed collateral used to promote Uniworld River Cruises (Australia) Pty. Ltd. cruises. We reserve the right to make corrections as required.
- All bookings made with any provider of any transport, facilities, meals, other goods or of any services are subject to terms and conditions imposed by them. If you decide that you do not want to visit a country or part of a country you intended to visit because of any law, condition or requirement of any government or governmental authority, official, servant or agent, you are responsible for any costs, expenses, charges, fees, losses or damage incurred as a consequence and any cancellation or amendment fees. Neither Uniworld River Cruises S.A nor Uniworld River Cruises (Australia) Pty. Ltd., accept any responsibility or liability for your acts, omissions, defaults, conduct, state of health, condition or circumstances.
ERRORS AND OMISSIONS
Uniworld River Cruises (Australia) Pty. Ltd. Is not responsible for omissions, printing and/or presentation errors in brochures, on Internet sites, or in any other media where such information may be presented; we reserve the right to make corrections as required.
The payment of a deposit and/or the issuance of tickets or vouchers shall be deemed your consent to the terms and conditions as presented herein. It is specifically agreed that this agreement is entered into in Sydney, New South Wales, Australia, and in the event any legal or equitable action is initiated concerning the interpretation, enforcement, or breach of any term, obligation, or duty as contained or related to these Terms and Conditions, the exclusive venue for such action shall be solely in the Courts of the State of New South Wales This agreement shall be construed in accordance with the law of the State of New South Wales, without regard to conflicts of law principles.
TIME OF PUBLISHING
The Terms and Conditions listed are those in effect at the time of printing and remain in effect until replaced. These Terms and Conditions replace all previous versions.
Your booking arrangements are to be made by your Travel Agent or directly with Uniworld River Cruises (Australia) Pty. Ltd. and the person affecting the booking shall be deemed to have accepted the booking conditions.
DATA PROTECTION STATEMENT
In order to process your tour booking, Uniworld River Cruises (Australia) Pty. Ltd., will need to use personal information for you and other passengers included in your booking. This personal information may include each passenger's name, address, phone number, email address, passport number, credit/debit card number and sensitive information such as health, medical, dietary, mobility, religious or other special requirements. This personal information may be passed on to other suppliers of your travel arrangements in addition to the public authorities (such as customs and immigration), security and credit checking organisations, and otherwise as required by law. Similarly, we may also need to provide personal information to contractors who provide services to or for us (e.g., sending mail, processing payments, providing marketing assistance). This may involve sending personal information (including sensitive information) to other countries that may not afford the same level of protection of personal information. We may also use the personal information you provide us to review and improve the cruises and services that we offer, and to contact you (by post, email and/or telephone) about other cruise/tours and services offered by us, that you may be interest in. if you don't want to receive this information, or if you want a copy of the personal information we hold about you, write to us at Uniworld River Cruises, Travel House, 35 Grafton Street, Bondi Junction, NSW 2022. We may charge a fee for supplying you with this information as permitted by law. PLEASE NOTE: In this brochure and in these Booking Conditions, Uniworld River Cruises (Australia) Pty. Ltd., (ACN 149 428 348) is included in the expressions “Uniworld River Cruises (Aust), “we”, “us”, and “persons” taking advantage of the services offered by Uniworld River Cruises (Australia) Pty. Ltd., or other persons (if any) included with that person in the booking and that person’s or those persons’ travel agent (if any) are included in the express “you”, “your” or “passenger”.
UNIWORLD RIVER CRUISES (AUSTRALIA) PTY. LTD..
(ABN 31 149 428 348)
Bondi Junction, N.S.W. 2022
SYD Metro area (02) 9028 5199
Fax:(02) 9028 0899
Licence No:2 TA 08711
All Continental Europe cruises are operated by
Uniworld River Cruises SA
9b Boulevard Du Prince Henri,
These terms and conditions for 2019 supersede any other current terms and conditions on the market.