Travel Protection for cruises booked prior to October 1, 2017
More and more these days we have seen the value of purchasing travel protection. Americans spent nearly $1.8 billion on all types of travel protection and assistance services in 2010, up from $1.6 billion in 2008, and $1.3 billion in 2006. The 2010 figure reflects a steady growth in sales of nearly 14% from 2008, and more than 15% from 2009, according to the results of The Travel Insurance Market Survey 2008-2010, conducted by the US Travel Insurance Association.*
The top three reasons are:
- Some peace of mind
- Protection against the unexpected
- Concern over losing the financial investment in a trip
Travel protection will offer coverage and protection for many things that may occur before and during your trip. Travel protection is now an essential part of a worry-free vacation for the smart traveller.
Here are the reasons why you should purchase a travel protection plan such as Uniworld’s Travel Protection Plan:
TRAVEL ARRANGEMENT PROTECTION PROVIDED BY UNIWORLD**
- Trip Cancellation (Up to Total Trip Cost): Reimburses the non-refundable Uniworld cancellation penalties imposed if you must cancel your trip for a covered reason.
- Any Reason Cancellation Waiver: With the Uniworld “Any Reason” Cancellation Waiver, Uniworld will provide you with 100% of the Uniworld cancellation penalties in the form of a future travel credit certificate, should you cancel your cruise/tour prior to your original scheduled flight departure time for any reason that is not eligible for cash reimbursement under the Trip Cancellation section of the Travel Protection Plan.
- Trip Interruption (Up to Total Trip Cost): If you have to leave your vacation unexpectedly (for covered reasons such as illness as described above), you will be reimbursed for the unused, non-refundable portion of your travel arrangements, plus the cost of returning home, up to your total trip cost.
- Trip Delay [Up to $1,000 ($150/per day)]: If you miss the departure of your cruise/tour due to carrier-caused delays or other covered reasons, the plan reimburses you for additional accommodations, meals and “catch-up” transportation expenses.
** For New York state residents, Travel Arrangement Protection is underwritten by Transamerica Casualty Insurance Company, Columbus, Ohio; NAIC # 10952 (all states as otherwise noted) under Policy/Certificate Form series TAHC5000.
TRAVEL INSURANCE BENEFITS UNDERWRITTEN BY TRANSAMERICA CASUALTY INSURANCE COMPANY***
- Baggage Protection (Up to $2,500): If your baggage or personal property is lost, stolen, or damaged during your vacation, the plan will reimburse you for your valuables.
- Medical & Dental Expenses (Up to $50,000): Should you become injured or sick or injured during your vacation, the plan will reimburse you for necessary medical expenses.
- Emergency Evacuation/Repatriation (Up to $50,000): In the event that a covered illness or injury requires air or ground transportation to a specialized facility or to return home, the plan provides covered medical services and supplies arranged and prepaid by On Call International.
***Travel Insurance is underwritten by Transamerica Casualty Insurance Company, Columbus, Ohio; NAIC # 10952 (all states as otherwise noted) under Policy/Certificate Form series TAHC5000. In CA, HI, NE, NH, PA, TN and TX Policy/Certificate Form series TAHC5100 and TAHC5200. In IL, IN, KS, LA, OH, OR, VT, WA and WY Policy Form #’s TAHC5100IPS and TAHC5200IPS. Certain coverages are under series TAHC6000 and TAHC7000.
WORLDWIDE EMERGENCY ASSISTANCE SERVICES PROVIDED BY ON CALL INTERNATIONAL
- 24-Hour Worldwide Emergency Assistance: One telephone call gives you
access to an On Call International representative who will work with you
to solve your medical or travel-related problem.
Note that certain exclusions including, but not limited to: Pre-Existing Conditions, mental/nervous/psychological disorders, normal pregnancy, childbirth, drugs/intoxicants, etc. may apply.
Please call the Uniworld Travel Protection helpline at 1-800-797-2279 with any questions you may have.
Protect your vacation investment
Uniworld provides coverage that protects your vacation investment. Our Travel Protection Plan provides you with cancellation flexibility and some peace of mind while you travel. For more information, please select the applicable Travel Protection Plan based on the year you will be traveling.
This plan provides insurance coverage that applies only during the covered trip. You may have coverage from other sources that provides you with similar benefits but may be subject to different restrictions depending upon your other coverages. You may wish to compare the terms of this policy with your existing life, health, home and automobile policies. If you have any questions about your current coverage, call your insurer, insurance agent or broker.
Travel Protection Provider Policy