TRAVEL INFORMATIONfor unexpected changes
WHAT TO KNOW DURING THIS TIME
It’s hard to grasp how much our world has changed over the past few months. We find ourselves in challenging times as COVID-19 increasingly impacts our everyday lives. As a community of world travellers, the prospect of staying indoors, social distancing and pausing your travel plans is especially frustrating. We appreciate your understanding as we navigate through these challenging times together. We all believe in the power of travel; its potential to open borders, connect cultures and drive local economies. Let us not forget that during these days and beyond; we will all be better for it. We look forward to welcoming you back to the rivers very soon.
TEMPORARY POLICY UPDATES (updated Thursday, 1 April 2021)*
Flexible Cancellation Policy for 2021 Departures Only
Guests can change or suspend their 2021 cruise up to 60 days prior to their departure date for Europe and Exotic programs, without penalty and rebook on any future cruise through 2022 OR choose to receive a Future Travel Certificate equal to the amount of funds received by Uniworld at the time of cancellation. The Future Travel Certificate can be used towards any 2021 or 2022 departure and is combinable with all Uniworld public promotions in effect at the time of redemption. Future Travel Certificates are non-refundable and may not be redeemed for cash. Certificates are transferable upon written request by the original recipient. Airfares booked through Uniworld are subject to airline cancellation fees. Guests also have the option to rebook with one of our Travel Corporation sister brands for 2021 or 2022.
Cancellation Policy for 2022 Departures Only
Standard cancellation rules apply for those departing in 2022 as listed in the chart below. Any funds transferred or future travel certificates used from a 2020 or 2021 booking and applied to a 2022 reservation due to COVID-19, are non-refundable. Once applied to a reservation, should your travel plans change 120 days or more prior to the departure date a Future Travel Certificate will be issued in the amount originally applied to the 2022 booking, less any non-refundable items. Should your plans change 120 days or less prior to the departure date of the reservation these funds are non-refundable and will not be applicable to a future booking, nor will you receive a future travel certificate. Note: funds applied in in the form of a Funds Transfer of the non-penalized portion of a cancelled booking are subject to the standard cancellation schedule of the new booking as described in the chart below. For complete terms and conditions, visit uniworld.com/terms-and-conditions.
**Fare is defined as the cost of any cruise, land, purchased from Uniworld.
*Revised cancellation policy as of 1 April 2021. This supersedes all previous cancellation policies and is subject to change.
HEALTH & SAFETY
We are closely monitoring the coronavirus (COVID-19) developments and will continue to prioritize the safety of our guests and crew. We are aware of the latest travel advisories issued by government agencies and are monitoring all updates issued by the World Health Organization (WHO).
We have always employed stringent safety and sanitation protocols on each and every one of our ships, and we will continue to do so (with special measures to prevent the spread of COVID-19). We follow the recommendations from CLIA for onboarding procedures, requiring all persons boarding the ship (including guests, crew, service providers, local guides) to complete a "Travel Declaration" before entering.
Additionally, any guest travelling with Uniworld will need to provide proof of one of the following upon embarkation:
- Proof of full COVID-19 vaccination with the final dose given at least 14 days prior to the start of their cruise.
- A verifiable and negative result of a PCR test taken within 72 hours of the start of their cruise.
- A verifiable and negative result of a rapid antigen test taken within 72 hours of the start of their cruise.
Guests will also need to comply with any specific requirements imposed by airlines and/or governments, which may differ from the above.
- Click here to view the Travel Declaration.
- Guests receive this declaration prior to departure, or at the ship's gangway security point prior to boarding.
- Crew receives this declaration a few days before travelling.
- All others receive this declaration at the gangway security point.
- Boarding will be denied for anyone without a completed declaration.
- All guests, crew and third party contractors will have their temperature taken upon entry to the ship. Any individual with a temperature detected at or above 100.4° F / 38° C will receive secondary screening to include a medical assessment and the final decision of whether or not they will be allowed onboard will be at the full discretion of the Captain and Hotel Manager.
For additional details about our sanitation protocols, please click here to visit our Health and Safety page .
How we handle the unexpected
While travel is a wonderful way to see the world, learn about other cultures and relax, it isn’t always without its unexpected surprises—which come from the ebbs and flows of the world as we know it. With that in mind, you can count on the value of Uniworld’s experience and regional knowledge to make sure you enjoy your cruise-tour even when conditions beyond our control occur.
If unexpected conditions occur, we will make decisions that are in the best interest of our guests, our crew and our vessels, and will take the following steps:
We will keep you posted on significant deviations
We monitor conditions along all our routes throughout the season. We will share
updates with you when we deem appropriate.
- During unusually low/high water periods, a special statement will be posted on this page to inform you of the river conditions.
- If there is a likelihood that a particular cruise will be significantly impacted, this page will be updated with information about that cruise.
- In the case of a significant deviation or full cancellation, you will be notified at the email address you provided at time of booking or on your Passenger Information Form.
- In the case of a significant deviation that becomes necessary after the start of your cruise-tour our onboard/on shore personnel will keep you informed.
- We monitor conditions along all our routes throughout the season. We will share updates with you when we deem appropriate.
We will keep our travel partners, your Travel Advisors, informed
- If you booked your cruise through your Travel Advisor, please keep in contact with them regarding your cruise, as we will be directly in contact with them if there are any cancellations.
We know that your Uniworld cruise is a very special occasion for you and as such, we will always do everything within our power to handle the unexpected and unforeseen in the best way possible.