TRAVEL INFORMATIONfor unexpected changes
WHAT TO KNOW DURING THIS TIME
It’s hard to grasp how much our world has changed over the past few weeks. We find ourselves in challenging times as COVID-19 increasingly impacts our everyday lives. As a community of world travellers, the prospect of staying indoors, social distancing and pausing your travel plans is especially frustrating. We appreciate your understanding as we navigate through these challenging times together. We all believe in the power of travel; its potential to open borders, connect cultures and drive local economies. Let us not forget that during these days and beyond; we will all be better for it. We look forward to welcoming you back to the rivers very soon.
If you are inquiring about one of the impacted 2020 cruises listed below and a Uniworld representative hasn’t reached out to you or your travel advisor yet, please know that we will be contacting you in the near future to discuss your options.
CRUISES (updated Wednesday, 14 October 2020)
As a result of the current global travel restrictions, all Uniworld voyages have been suspended through 31 December 2020. If you have a booking on one of these suspended voyages, a Uniworld representative will be contacting you or your travel advisor (if applicable) to discuss your options.
TEMPORARY POLICY UPDATES (updated Wednesday, 2 September 2020)*
2020-2021 Cancellation Policy for
scheduled departures through 30 June 2021
Guests with departure dates through 30 June 2021 can change or suspend their cruise up to 30 days prior to their departure date for European cruise/tours, or up to 60 days prior to their departure date for Exotic cruise/tours, without penalty and rebook on any future cruise through 2022 OR choose to receive a Future Travel Certificate equal to the amount of funds received by Uniworld at the time of cancellation. The Future Travel Certificate can be used towards any 2021 or 2022 departure and is combinable with all Uniworld public promotions in effect at the time of redemption. Future Travel Certificates are non-refundable and may not be redeemed for cash. Certificates are transferable upon written request by the original recipient. Airfares booked through Uniworld are subject to airline cancellation fees. Guests also have the option to rebook with one of our Travel Corporation sister brands for 2021 or 2022.
*Revised cancellation policy as of 2 September 2020. This supersedes all previous cancellation policies and is subject to change.
HEALTH & SAFETY
We are closely monitoring the coronavirus (COVID-19) developments and will continue to prioritize the safety of our guests and crew. We are aware of the latest travel advisories issued by government agencies and are monitoring all updates issued by the World Health Organization (WHO).
We have always employed stringent safety and sanitation protocols on each and every one of our ships, and we will continue to do so (with special measures to prevent the spread of COVID-19). We follow the recommendations from CLIA for onboarding procedures, requiring all persons boarding the ship (including guests, crew, service providers, local guides) to complete a "Well-Being Travel Declaration" before entering.
- Click here to view the Well-Being Travel Declaration.
- Guests receive this declaration on the transfer from the airport, or at the gangway security point if no transfer is provided.
- Crew receives this declaration a few days before travelling.
- All others receive this declaration at the gangway security point.
- Boarding will be denied for anyone without a completed declaration.
- All guests, crew and third party contractors will have their temperature taken upon entry to the ship. Any individual with a temperature detected at or above 100.4° F / 38° C will receive secondary screening to include a medical assessment and the final decision of whether or not they will be allowed onboard will be at the full discretion of the Captain and Hotel Manager.
For additional details about our sanitation protocols, please click here to visit our Health and Safety page.
How we handle the unexpected
While travel is a wonderful way to see the world, learn about other cultures and relax, it isn’t always without its unexpected surprises—which come from the ebbs and flows of the world as we know it. With that in mind, you can count on the value of Uniworld’s experience and regional knowledge to make sure you enjoy your cruise-tour even when conditions beyond our control occur.
If unexpected conditions occur, we will make decisions that are in the best interest of our guests, our crew and our vessels, and will take the following steps:
We will keep you posted on significant deviations and cancellations
We monitor conditions along all our routes throughout the season. We will share
updates with you when we deem appropriate.
- During unusually low/high water periods, a special statement will be posted on this page to inform you of the river conditions.
- If there is a likelihood that a particular cruise will be significantly impacted, this page will be updated with information about that cruise.
- In the case of a significant deviation or full cancellation, you will be notified at the email address you provided at time of booking or on your Passenger Information Form.
- In the case of a significant deviation that becomes necessary after the start of your cruise-tour our onboard/on shore personnel will keep you informed.
- We monitor conditions along all our routes throughout the season. We will share updates with you when we deem appropriate.
We will keep our travel partners, your Travel Advisors, informed
- If you booked your cruise through your Travel Advisor, please keep in contact with them regarding your cruise, as we will be directly in contact with them if there are any cancellations.
We know that your Uniworld cruise is a very special occasion for you and as such, we will always do everything within our power to handle the unexpected and unforeseen in the best way possible.