As an experienced traveller you are well informed, prepared and mindful. Uniworld approaches every cruise with that same thorough diligence. Stringent security and sanitation protocols onboard our ships are nothing new to us. They not only remain our top priorities but are being escalated as we face the current challenge. As we learn more from Cruise Line International Association (CLIA) and the World Health Organization (WHO) we will look to adopt their health and safety recommendations and continue to update for your added peace of mind.
Health and safety assurance—always a priority for your cruise experience.
SAFETY & SECURITY PROTOCOLS*
- All outside doors and access to the interior of the ships are locked when docked. Only registered guests can access the ship using a key card.
- All guests and luggage are verified against the manifest at check-in.
- Guests have 24/7 access to the front desk.
- Key card scanners with facial recognition are utilized at the gangway.
- Cameras are present at the entrance of the ship and in public areas, and are monitored by our reception staff.
- Trained security staff are posted at the gangway 24 hours a day.
- Ships are patrolled by trained staff 24/7.
- All deliveries are thoroughly inspected before being brought onboard.
HEALTH & HYGIENE PROTOCOLS**
- All guests must complete a Well-Being Travel Declaration prior to embarkation. and will have their temperature taken throughout the cruise using touchless technology.
- All guests and crew are required to sanitize their hands when entering public spaces, when coming back onboard the ship each day, and before each meal.
- Housekeeping staff disinfect all public area touch points and hot spots throughout the day, including all handrails and door handles.
- Any onboard payments are processed using a contactless payment method and credit card machines will be wiped after each pin entry.
- Crew wash their hands frequently when handling guest luggage. Disembarkation luggage is kept separate from embarkation luggage to avoid cross-contamination.
- All staterooms and suites are thoroughly cleaned on a daily basis.
- All air-conditioning filters are cleaned and disinfected on each embarkation day before rooming takes place.
- All buses are cleaned and wiped with disinfectant before each use.
- Vox boxes are sanitized prior to embarkation and after each excursion.
- All crew receives professional health and hygiene training (HACCP) by an external consultant before each ship begins its sailing season, including training on how to look for symptoms.
- All crew strictly adhere to social distancing requirements.
- All crew undergo regular health screenings and temperature checks, and are quarantined immediately if symptoms are present.
- Hand sanitizer is readily available and mandated for use in all crew areas.
- Crew quarters, public and private, are sanitized regularly.
- All crew meals are served, with no self-service allowed.
PERSONAL RESPONSIBILITY – COVID-19 WARNING
We have introduced enhanced hygiene protocols—for you, our other guests and our team members.
An inherent risk of exposure to COVID-19 exists in any public place where people are present. COVID-19 is an extremely contagious disease that can lead to severe illness and death. According to the Public Health Agency of Canada, senior citizens and guests with underlying medical conditions are especially vulnerable.
We ask that you please take personal responsibility for your well-being. This begins with packing any personal protective equipment and sanitizers you require. Please adopt physical distancing and hygiene practices throughout your pre-trip travel arrangements and follow all health instruction whether physical signage, or requests from our professional staff, once you are vacationing with us.
In choosing to travel with Uniworld, you voluntarily assume all risks related to exposure to COVID-19.
Let’s help keep each other safe and healthy.