Last Updated: 18 May 2023
2. What are cookies
A cookie is a small simple file that is sent along with pages of this website and stored by your browser on the hard drive of your computer or another device. The information stored therein may be returned to our servers or to the servers of the relevant third parties during a subsequent visit.
3. What are scripts?
A script is a piece of program code that is used to make our website function properly and interactively. This code is executed on our server or on your device.
4. What is a web beacon?
A web beacon (or a pixel tag) is a small, invisible piece of text or image on a website that is used to monitor traffic on a website. In order to do this, various data about you is stored using web beacons.
5. Cookie Notice
6. Third parties
7. Cookies7.1 Technical or functional cookies
Some cookies ensure that certain parts of the website work properly and that your user preferences remain known. By placing functional cookies, we make it easier for you to visit our website. This way, you do not need to repeatedly enter the same information when visiting our website and, for example, the items remain in your shopping cart until you have paid. We may place these cookies without your consent.7.2 Analytical cookies
This type of cookies helps us understand how our website is being used, mainly for analytical purposes, so that we can work on providing an improved user experience.
Cookies used for this purpose do not collect information that identifies a user, but the data is aggregated and made anonymous.7.3 Advertising cookies
We sometimes use tracking pixels that set cookies to assist with our marketing and delivery of online advertising.
Cookies are widely used in online advertising. We and our advertising partners can’t gain personally identifiable information from these cookies.
By better understanding what our audiences are interested in, we can more efficiently promote our products and services. For example, if you have looked at certain pages on our website we might want to highlight or give information about a particular service or product to you.
The technology to do this is made possible by cookies and as such we may place a ‘remarketing cookie’ during your visit. We are unable to proactively reach out to you personally as the process is anonymized, but you can opt out of these cookies at any time.7.4 Social media buttons
On our website we have included buttons for Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, Instagram, and Pinterest to promote webpages (e.g. “like”, “pin”) or share (e.g. “tweet”) on social networks. These buttons work using pieces of code coming from these social networks themselves. This code places cookies. These social media buttons also can store and process certain information, so a personalized advertisement can be shown to you.
Please read the privacy statement of these social networks (which can change regularly) to read what they do with your (personal) data which they process using these cookies. The data that is retrieved is anonymized as much as possible. Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, and Instagram are located in the United States.
8. Placed cookies
Personal information does not include:
- Publicly available information from government records.
- De-identified or aggregated consumer information.
- Information excluded from the CCPA/CPRA's scope, like:
- health or medical information covered by the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act of 1996 (HIPAA) and the California Confidentiality of Medical Information Act (CMIA) or clinical trial data;
- personal information covered by certain sector-specific privacy laws, including the Fair Credit Reporting Act (FCRA), the Gramm-Leach-Bliley Act (GLBA) or the California Financial Information Privacy Act (CalFIPA), and the Driver's Privacy Protection Act of 1994 (DPPA).
9. Your rights with respect to your personal information
You have the following rights with respect to your personal data:
- you may submit a request for access to the data we process about you;
- you may object to the processing;
- you may request an overview, in a commonly used format, of the data we process about you;
- you may request correction or deletion of the data if it is incorrect or not relevant or no longer relevant, or to ask to restrict the processing of the data.
10. Enabling/disabling and deleting cookies
You can use your internet browser to automatically or manually delete cookies. You can also specify that certain cookies may not be placed. Another option is to change the settings of your internet browser so that you receive a message each time a cookie is placed. For more information about these options, please refer to the instructions in the Help section of your browser.
11. Selling data to third parties11.1 Categories of data
- Personal information categories listed in the California Customer Records statute (Cal. Civ. Code § 1798.80(e)).
- Protected classification characteristics under California or federal law.
- Commercial information.
- Internet or other similar network activity.
- Professional or employment-related information.
We disclose your personal information for a business purpose to the following categories of third parties:
- Our affiliates.
- Service providers.
- Third parties to whom you or your agents authorize us to disclose your personal information in connection with products or services we provide to you.
Consumers who opt-in to personal information sales may opt-out of future sales at any time. You can manage your communication preferences at any time from your account or by contacting Uniworld River Cruises, Inc. You (or your authorized representative) may also exercise the right to opt-out by filling in the dedicated form https://ttc.com/privacy-policy/personal-data-request-eu/ or sending email to email@example.com. We will then remove your data from the databases we sell to third parties.
You can object to our selling of your personal information by completing the form, following this link https://ttc.com/privacy-policy/personal-data-request-eu/.
Once you make an opt-out request, we will wait at least twelve (12) months before asking you to reauthorize personal information sales. However, you may change your mind and opt back in to personal information sales at any time by managing your communication preferences in your account on our website or by contacting Uniworld River Cruises, Inc. We will only use personal information provided in an opt-out request to review and comply with the request.
12. Contact details
- Email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Telephone on (800) 687-1002
- Post to 5551 Katella Ave. Cypress, CA, 90630