If you’ve arrived at this page, you’ve probably discovered one of our onboard QR codes and are curious about the positive impact of changes to our onboard and onshore experiences. First and foremost, we want you to know that you're already helping us make a difference, just by choosing to travel with Uniworld! Keep reading to learn more about specific practices.
Where are you making a difference?
- Avoid plastic water bottles by using the refillable ones provided in your stateroom upon arrival.
- When you request laundry service or decide to do your own, single-use plastic laundry bags have been replaced with a linen variety, available in your stateroom for your use.
- To reduce unnecessary water usage, please let our housekeeping team know when you wish to have your towels and bed linens changed.
- The slippers provided for your comfort are made from bamboo and are fully compostable.
- Room amenities have been carefully selected to omit single-use, plastic packaging.
- Indulge in the finest luxury bath products using the refillable shampoo, shower gel, body lotion and hand soap bottles in your stateroom.
- When you brush your teeth and get ready for the day, you’ll be saving water by using faucets and shower heads that have been fitted with water savers. In fact, for every shower taken, we save up to 40% in water usage thanks to these water savers!
- Did your drink arrive with a biodegradable paper straw? That’s because we’ve eliminated the use of single-use plastic straws across our entire fleet.
- We are actively working to increase our local and organic products onboard, and you can see this displayed in your bar menu.
The Dining Room
- Enjoy breakfast, lunch and dinner onboard, knowing that the ingredients in your meal are directly supporting local farmers and economies.
- Behind the scenes, we have partnered with Leanpath to measure and reduce our food waste onboard. Learn more about Leanpath here.
- When you head out on a MAKE TRAVEL MATTER® Experience, which are chosen for the positive environmental or social impact they have to a local community, you’ll be immersing yourself in your destinations in a unique way while also giving back with your travels.
- When you are out and about on any one of our experiences, know that all of our tours strictly adhere to our animal welfare policy.
- Scanning a QR code to reach our daily programs and city maps helps us reduce paper use onboard and provide a more touch-free experience.
- Enjoy complimentary access to the PressReader app during your cruise for a paper-free way to stay in the know with your favorite newspapers and magazines, digitally.
- When you fill out your questionnaire at the end of your cruise to give our crew your feedback, you’ll do so online to save paper.
- Special UV foils are employed on our windows to allow for significant heat rejection and energy savings by absorbing and reflecting 64% of solar energy.
For more details about Uniworld's commitment to sustainable tourism, please visit our Uniworld Cares page.